Tuesday, January 13, 2009

JC here i come

Results are out!! Joint Admission Exercise (JAE) has started!!

My experience in taking O Levels results would not be forgotten in a hurry! I believe it was totally a one and only experience.. I did not see my name on the screen, i was disappointed.. I knew i did worse then i had expected of myself.. We lined up according to class register number to collect our results slip and form A from our form teacher.. The word "nervous" was written on everyone's faces.. I held Vanessa's and Pris' hands tightly and we hoped for the best.. Time seemed to pass interminably as it took ages for the line to shorten.. At last, my turn came and i walked towards Mrs T.. I looked at her face, hoping to see a smile there.. She told me, "Congratulations Cai Yi, you did very well! 6 points!" But when she looked at the name list, it was written 7 points there.. She looked confused??!! "Eh, i remember i saw you getting 6 points.." she wondered aloud.. She looked at my result slip and at the name list again and finally concluded that she must have made a mistake and i had gotten 7 instead of 6.. I put on a smile for her and walked away.. Just as i turned my back towards her, my tears started to fall.. SH comforted me and told me that it's ok.. My parents hugged me and told me that they are proud of me.. I cried worse.. I tried not to cry, i tried to hold back the tears, but i was too disappointed.. I fell short of my own expectations by a very far margin.. After some time, i accepted reality and stopped crying.. Got into a cab to go back to hostel.. In the cab, i tore open Form A to check my results, and inside that it stated that i got 6 points.. I was confused once again.. Called Mrs T and she say she will double check and call me back.. In the end, it was 6 and not 7! I remember one year ago i blogged to say i wished i would cry tears of happiness during the release of O levels' result.. But when i cried this year, it was because of disappointment, not happiness.. I did not shed a tear after knowing that i got 6 points.. Even though i was really relieved and happy.. I guess the mood is no longer there.. It was truly an hour where i experienced many emotions..

As for my results, i am quite disappointed but at the same time thankful.. I am disappointed in Chem and Combined humanities.. Well, i aimed for the stars.. I did not achieved that aim.. A consolation would be that at least i reached the moon.. At least i can get into any JC that i want to get in to. I shall no longer think of O Levels and put it all behind me.. I knew that i had tried my best!! I shall have no regrets or any feelings of unhappiness anymore.. O Levels are the past, A Levels are the future!! I shall look ahead!! Not backwards!!

No comments:

Followers