Monday, July 06, 2009

I feel really bad now. I just called Jiaqi to tell her that i cannot be the emcee for the National Day Formal Dinner because on that day i have to go for an event by MOE. It's less than one month to the formal dinner and i understand that by telling her now that i can no longer be the emcee, i am putting her in a difficult position. I really want to be the emcee and am happy that she has faith in me, but i cannot not attend the event by MOE as well. I feel really bad as i talked to her just now. I could sense the disappointment in her and i myself am upset as well. Why must both events be on the same day?! Why can't MOE hold that event one day later?! Oh gosh~ I really feel very bad right now. I shall try my best to help her look for a replacement emcee! Sorry Jiaqi~ (though u'll never read this)

Went for MOE's leadership development programme today. I don't regret spending my Youth Day holiday at that programme because i've learned alot about leadership and teamwork. We played a few interesting games and learned the roles we play in a team. Basically, a team should consist of 4 types of people to be successful : the creator, the advancer, the refiner and the executor. Lol. Guess which role i fall into?! That is for me to know and for you to guess.. We played a game called "crossing the moat" which requires lots of teamwork and effort. Initially we made many mistakes and had to start over and over again. Every time the whistle sounded to signal that we had broken a rule, everyone would groan as we would have to start all over again. However, 1 good thing was that no one pointed fingers at one another and we all learnt to trust one another and complete the task as one large team - Asean committee and scholars' committee. No matter how we try to outdo each other, we are still serving the same student body.

Today's meeting about Asean Dance was pretty fruitful. We fixed the date and the venue. Lol. Guess what?! Decided to make it a charity event and donate whatever profits we make to charity. That way, MOE will have no reasons not to support us=) Haha. Oh ya, trying to invite some famous personalities to give the event more appeal now. Hopefully this year, we can over shine the senior batches and make a huge profit, not a loss.

Oh, i saw something comical but sweet as i was walking back to the boarding school today=) Lol.

No comments:

Followers