Tuesday, April 07, 2009

A new chapter

Oh well. In case anyone was wondering, I didn't get into council. How do i feel? I actually don't really know. My first reaction was, "Oh well. My name's not in. Ok." Second reaciton, "Yes, i'll be able to go for 1 star kayaking on Sat!" Friends came around asking, "Are you ok? Don't be too disappointed." I gave all of them a big smile and told them that i don't really mind. But to say that i am not disappointed and i don't mind would be a lie.

I love my OAC mates the best! They came around, asked me "You got in? [shakes head] YES!! Congratulations!!" Haha. Especially Kenn, Celene, Derek and Guenyik. They are really comical and this made me feel so much better. I 自high-ed with Sarah, Rachel, Kenn, Suhuan and Wenxuan at 天堂after that. (Btw, digessing abit, i love 天堂. It's one of my favourite places in school.) We did food cheers and reported to mams n sirs today. The expressions on the seniors' faces were priceless. It made me forget all about the disappointment of not getting into council and i'm happy to say that i'm over it already.

Coming to think about it now, over the past week, i have been thinking of things i need to forgo if i get into council. One part of me wants to join council but the other part of me doesn't because i am already too attached to OAC. It's hard to explain how i feel. My ideal situation will be to get into council and also remain an active member of OAC. But that senario seems highy impossible(according to seniors). I feel disappointed not to be elected into council. Yet i feel relieved because i can remain as part of OAC. (Actually, i'm not really considered part of OAC yet, there are still interviews to go through. but somehow, our batch feels so much like a batch that we forget that it's not official yet.) Fingers-crossed, i really do hope that i will get into OAC!

Ok, a chapter of my life has been closed. A new one will unfold. I did not make it into council, no big deal! The campaigning process is an experience that i will always cherish (despite the sum of money spent.)

For now, I'll just put in my best effort for OAC! GO OASIS!! Jia you for interviews!!

No comments:

Followers